Holy Wednesday

Matthew 26:14-16 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

Judas Agrees to Betray Jesus

14 Then one of the twelve, who was called Judas Iscariot, went to the chief priests 15 and said, “What will you give me if I betray him to you?” They paid him thirty pieces of silver. 16 And from that moment he began to look for an opportunity to betray him.

Today we think about when Judas decided to betray Jesus. This is a sad time as Judas was one of Jesus’ twelve disciples, a close friend. He wanted to hurt Jesus for 30 pieces of silver (money). He made the choice today.

We need to think about our choices today.

Questions

What would you do for 30 pounds?

Would you hurt your friend for a new toy?

What makes you happier, new things or friends?

Challenge

Can you write a prayer to God asking Him to help you give up things you want but don’t always need? We should always think about things that we have extra of, to give to those who do not have enough of what they need.

Don’t forget to keep emailing me your work, or commenting with your answers, so that I can choose a Star of the Week this week!

8 thoughts on “Holy Wednesday

1. O God can you help me to do good things and I want to give up with the stuff which I use all the time to share with my friends who they don’t have anything. And I pray all the time to God to give us peace and health.

2. i would get a job and work
    no
    friends

god help me give up things that i dont need please help the people who dont have food and all the people who are sick and the people that dont have money for food and toys
    amen