28th November 2016

Today is the launch of Read-a-thon! Help raise money for the homeless and do some extra reading! Remember 1p per for every minute you read! Try to complete 100 minutes of extra reading = £1.00. Let us spread HOPE to others!

Please come on our blog and tell us how you are doing! Good luck and remember…READ…READ…READ!

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.

68 Responses to 28th November 2016

1. MISS Coleman says:

We had a lovely bed time story night in school and now I’m off to bed but I don’t have any good books at home to read.
    What can you recommend children ?

2. Abigail M says:

I’ve just finished the Lowly Maiden by Madlin Racheal it made me cry probably

one of the best books I will ever read.

3. Umar f says:

Hi am reading Mr O

4. Naod ;) says:

YES!!!!!!!! I’VE FINALLY BROUGHT THE BOOK WORD OF MOUSE. Word of Mouse by James Patterson is about a mouse called Isaiah. When he and his ninety-six brothers and sisters (I know it’s a lot but read it if you don’t believe me), along with their Mum, were running away to find a new home. While they were running, Isaiah’s leg got stuck in a plastic bag when he was climbing over it. He shouted as loud as he could but no-one could help him. At last, he freed himself and went to find his family!
    But will he ever find them?
    Will he be in danger forever?
    READ THE MAGNIFICENT BOOK TO FIND OUT MORE

5. Naod ;) says:

Hi Mr. M I have finished reading Middle School and I raised £2.92 and my aim is to raise £5.00

6. Madiha says:

I was able to get 3 chapters in last night – it’s getting really interesting and I’m starting to get why it’s called Millions . I want to try and finish it because then I can start reading Garbage King our class book.

7. Naod ;) says:

Hi Mr. M, I nearly finished Middle School and I’m on pg.184 and there’s 227 pages in the book. I’ve got 43 pages to finish the book. I also saved £2.48 for the homeless. After I read Middle School, I am trying to buy Word of Mouse, which is £6.00, with my pocket money! And when I finish Word of Mouse, I’ll try to buy a self-written book by Jamie Vardy called Jamie Vardy. It explains his life and how he started playing football. I hear it’s really interesting! Can’t wait!!!!!

8. euan says:

I’ve raised 20 pound so far I’ve got a lot of sponsor

9. umar says:

I am reading the Sun and the Wind by Francesa di chiara

• B Mulligan (stvincnt) says:

Great Umar – Is that the story about the competition between the Sun and the Wind trying to remove a man’s coat?

10. Amina says:

I am reading Secret Kingdom Sapphire by Rosie Banks

11. Teigan says:

I am reading Now by Morris Glietzman

12. Tyandra says:

At the moment, I am reading Love Lesson by Jacqueline Wilson and I am finding it interesting.

13. irfan says:

I am reading TheFamousFive-FiveRunAwayTogather

14. euan says:

Now reading the top best Olympic runners ever to run a track

15. Mia says:

I have just finished reading Virginia Hall and it is a brilliant book to read.

16. Mia says:

I have just finished the book Virginia Hall and has been one of the best books that I have read this year.

17. Naod ;) says:

At the moment, I am reading a special book called “Middle School: Dog’s Best Friend” by James Patterson. Afterwards, I’m trying to save money £££ to buy Word of Mouse also by Mr. J Patterson.

18. Ibrahim says:

I’ve now read 45 mins of Framed to help the homeless.

19. Madiha says:

I’m reading Millions by Frank Cottrell Boyce the author of Cosmic and Framed. I’m on the 4th chapter the book is getting really interesting.

20. Shanti says:

Hi Mr. M I am reading Matilda and I have raised £3.00 so far

21. Mrs J TIBBITS says:

Well done to everyone who’s been reading and blogging. What’s your book called Hammad?

I’ve finished The Wolf Wilder by Katherine Rundell. It was full of danger and friendship and bravery – made me want to go on an adventure. Now I’ve started Journey to the River Sea about an orphaned girl who has to go to Brazil to live with relatives on the Amazon River.

22. Ibrahim says:

Hi Mr M, I am now reading Framed ( another book by Frank Cottrell Boyce). Its about a boy who steals a famous masterpiece from the museum. So far I’ve read for 30 minutes.

23. Britney C says:

Right now I have just finished Dork Diaries, Skating Sensation and now I am reading Dork Diaries, TV Star. Skating Sensation is about the girl called Nikki. Nikki has to go on a skating competiton for a charity,there is place called Fuzzy Friends and there are animals that place is closing down. So Nikki is going to skate for Fuzzy Friends,Nikki’s team won so they got 30000 pounds!

24. Hammad M says:

I am reading the truth about teachers.

25. Ibrahim says:

Now finished the book, The Midnight Gang. I’m now reading Millions by Frank Cottrell Boyce. I was inspired to read this as last half term we read Cosmic by the same author in year 6. I’ve read 1 hour and on page 110.

26. Gent says:

Hi sir I’m reading Secrets by Jacqueline Wilson. It’s a very good book. I recommend it to year 5 and six girls.

27. Havaa says:

Hi Mr Mulligan I am reading Bird it is an amazing book.

28. Farida says:

I don’t know which book to read? Do you have any idea what to read? If you do pls just tell me plssssssss

• B Mulligan (stvincnt) says:

Hi Farida – what about the Butterfly Lion by Michael Morpurgo or Wonder by R.J.Palacio? Let us know what you choose Farida.

• Farida says:

Thanks I’m now reading the Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare. The book that made me read it was Macbeth – then I will read Romeo and Juliet.

• Gent says:

Hi Farida
      It is Gent I think you should read Lily Alone by Jacqueline Wilson.

• Madiha says:

Hi Farida – I have got a book which I think you will like: Best friends . It’s about these two girls that are best friends but one of them leave to go to a different city which is miles away from her best friend.I think you should read the rest.

29. euan says:

Hey Mr M currently reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K Rowling. She is such a good writer. Love all her books

30. Mrs J TIBBITS says:

Wow. Some inspiring reading has been going on here! Henna, I’ve read Gone; if you like it there are about 6 more in the series and they are brilliant! I’ve just finished the Wolf Wilder by Katherine Rundell – I think you’ll cry again Miss Barr.
    Is there anyone here who’s been going to the Book Clubs? I’d like to know how that’s going.

• Miss L Barr says:

I love it when I read a book that makes me cry! It shows how powerful words can be. The year 3 and 4 book club certainly has some good plans for the final few weeks of the term!

31. Britney C says:

I am reading Dork Diaries by Rachel Renee Russel.It is about a girl called Nikki J Maxwell,she has a little sister who is called Brianna.She is very annoying…..#

32. Ibrahim says:

Now on page 372.

33. Amanile A says:

I’ve been reading a book called Scarlet Ibis by Gill Lewis and it’s about a little girl but is a very confident girl. Her name is Scarlet Ibis and she has lost her mother in a frightening fire; then she didn’t go home find out where she went…

• B Mulligan (stvincnt) says:

I know of this book Amanile, as some of the Year 6 children from last year read it and said they would recommend it.

34. Henna says:

I’ve read the book ‘Gone’ by Michael Grant (Pg 27). It’s very cool.

35. Ibrahim says:

“Yay!” Ive done it. 100 minutes read and £1.00 for charity in the bag.

36. Ibrahim says:

I am currently reading The Midnight Gang by David Walliams. This book is about a gang who goes out at midnight doing all sorts of adventures. So far I’ve reaad 50 minutes, will keep you updated Mr M.

37. Mr C Davis says:

I am going to read a new book this week. I am going to read the Walk with Me booklet for Advent.

38. Miss L Barr says:

I am currently reading The Girl Savage by Katherine Rundell. I was inspired to read this book as I met her on one of my training days. The first book that I read by her was called The Rooftoppers. What an amazing book! I am going to ask my partner to sponsor me. I wonder how much money I can get him to give me for all of my minutes of reading?